Girls Rock! Chicago is ready for some brand new merch! We are hosting our first-ever t-shirt design contest as a part of our 10th anniversary celebration, and YOU are invited to participate!
The contest opens Monday, March 7th, and we will accept submissions until 11:59 PM CST on Thursday, April 7th. All ages and genders are welcome to throw their hat into the ring.
The winning design will be printed on a limited edition run of t-shirts that will be available for sale at Girls Rock! Chicago events and in our online store. The winner will also receive two tickets to an End-of-Camp Extravaganza of their choice, their biography featured on our social media pages and website, and two posters of their choice from our Women in Music Poster Show series.
- Design text must include “Girls Rock! Chicago”
- Design must be no more than two solid colors.
- No racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, culturally-appropriative, or otherwise discriminatory designs will be accepted.
- Submissions must be 8.5” x 11” @ 300 dpi.
- Submissions must be .jpg files only, but the winner may be required to submit an .eps or .ai file.
- Send all entries to email@example.com using the subject “T-Shirt Design Contest.” Please include your name and phone number with your submission.
- Submissions will be accepted by email only.
- Submit your entry no later than 11:59 PM on April 7, 2016.
Rules for Entry
- Artwork must be original. No part of the artwork should be copied from a design created or owned by someone else.
- Girls Rock! Chicago will make the final decision regarding the winning design.
- Girls Rock Chicago reserves the right to make edits to the winning design, and the winner(s) may be asked to make alterations if their design does not match the printer’s requirements.
- By submitting your design, you are granting Girls Rock! Chicago a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork. Girls Rock! Chicago expects that the primary uses of your design will be to publicize the design for marketing and voting purposes and to print the design on merchandise to be sold for the sole benefit of Girls Rock! Chicago.
- The prize for winning the contest is not redeemable for cash value.
The Selection Process
Girls Rock! Chicago will accept entries up until 11:59 PM on April 7, 2016. After that, Girls Rock! Chicago staff will select their top five entries, share them online (girlsrockchicago.org and Facebook.com/GirlsRockChicago), and open the voting process. Voting will end on April 21, 2016. Girls Rock! Chicago staff will consider and select a winner from the two entries with the most votes by April 28, 2016. We’ll have some awesome new shirts ready by the time our first session of camp begins!